I am a product of social media. I am wearing this dress because I saw a celebrity wearing it on Instagram. I use a particular brand of coconut oil for everything because an influencer told me to. I stopped waxing my eyebrows because social media told me it’s not cool anymore. I bought this handbag off an Instagram page because it was advertised to me exactly when I thought I might need one.
Instagram has one billion users who log onto the app for almost 53 minutes a day. Instagram is one of the most powerful (Thanos-powerful) tools to have as a hustler and you should be taking advantage of it.
Learning how to sell on Instagram offers businesses of all sizes incredible opportunities to reach their target audience and drive sales. If you haven’t already started optimising your Instagram for sales, you may be missing out on a huge opportunity!
Here are some tips that actually work to help you sell on Instagram:
1. You're a professional – now show it!
- Pro-pic: Choose a pic that is on-brand and makes yo' hustle easy to identify.
- An A-class bio: Your bio must have a description of your hustle that draws in your audience and tells them why they should spend them bills on you.
- A link to shop or your online store: There is only one place for a link on your Insta profile, and that's the bio section. You better be taking advantage of that.
2. Know your target audience
Once your business profile on Instagram has been set up, you have the power to decide how much you want to spend on an ad, where and by whom you’d like the ad to be seen and how long you want to run it for. You will have access to an epic variety of targeting tools that will suit your business needs.
3. Harness the power of the Instagram story
Instagram allows businesses (no matter how big or small) to advertise in Stories. This is another paid opportunity to gain more attention, reach more customers and gain some brand recognition. As long as your content is eye-catching and appealing to your target audience, this exposure could boost your brand to new heights.
4. Show your audience that they matter
You need to show your loyal followers that you appreciate their support. Start a promotion that is exclusive to followers at rates that cannot be found anywhere else but on Instagram. It's important to show your followers that there are perks to following your brand.
Cited from: https://neilpatel.com/blog/bootstrap-instagram-selling/