Work WhatsApp groups. No matter how long you mute them for, they will continue to devour data like the last slice of cake, disrupt your sleep like a hadada and interrupt every important moment of your life.
We live in an always-on world where technology is all around us and information is at our fingertips. We have epic tools that allow us to explore a cave and learn a language at the click of a button. However, this also means we can be contacted with just a tap of a screen. So, how do we unplug from work if everything is cordless?
To help with this annoying problem your buddies down at Unlocked.Me thought we’d put together a list of golden rules for WhatsApp work groups:
- Start off by outlining the purpose of the group to the members.
- Outline the groups rules so that everyone is clear on:
what is relevant to post;
what is considered an emergency;
why certain people are a part of the group; and
the appropriate time to message the group.
- Give members the freedom to join or leave the group without judgment.
- Be simple, direct and to the point in every message posted.
- Send only messages that are relevant to all members – do not start one-on-one conversations in the group.
- Answer questions only if you have a helpful answer.
- Do not use the group to call out people or groups. Such conversations should be held in private on more formal channels. Never, ever use a group to berate someone else or air grievances.
- After the group has achieved its goal, delete it. When the group has served its purpose, delete it.
Cited from: https://www.webafrica.co.za/blog/general-knowledge/golden-rules-whatsapp-groups/