Chowing down healthy stuff is not only good for your #mentalhealth, but also boosts your #bootyhealth! But which nom noms are the important ones?
If you want to optimise your nutrition during exams or want to stay sharp in your next meeting, this list is for you.
If you've ever said:
'Man, I wish I could stay focused'
- What you need is wholegrains, especially low-GI ones.
- But why? Cause wholegrains are great, as they release glucose into your bloodstream slowly, which keeps you mentally alert throughout the day.
- Get yourself some brown wholegrain cereals, granary bread, rice and pasta.
'My brain ain't working these days'
- What you need is oily fish.
- But why? Cause oily fish has omega-3 fats, which are important for healthy brain function and heart function, joints and your general wellbeing.
- Get yourself some salmon, trout, mackerel, herring, sardines, pilchards and kippers.
'Oh, the anxiety and stress … I just can't'
- What you need is blackcurrants, baby.
- But why? Cause blackcurrants have high levels of vitamin C, which boosts mental agility and helps to manage anxiety and stress.
- Get yourself some blackcurrants, red peppers, citrus fruits and broccoli.
'I'm in such a bad mood these days. Yo!'
- What you need is pumpkin seeds.
- But why? Cause pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc, which is vital to enhance your memory and thinking skills. These lil seeds are also packed with stress-busting magnesium, B vitamins and tryptophan, which helps control your mood and sleep.
- Get yourself some pumpkin seeds – duh!