Nothing says ‘Look at me, I am an adult’ like having knee problems, walking around with too many plastic cards in your wallet and having a bank account. Now let’s face it: if you’re gonna open up a bank account, it might as well be worth your while.
Say ‘Yo, wudup!’ to the Unlocked.Me Account! The Unlocked.Me Account is a ZERO monthly maintenance fee account perfect for fulltime students and young hustlers, between the ages of 16 and 26, who are digitally savvy.
‘But why, tho?’
- ZERO fees on card swipes.
- ZERO fees on cash deposits of up to R3 000 at Nedbank ATMs. (Thereafter pay-as-you-use fees will apply.)
- ZERO fees on internal debit and stop orders.
- ZERO fees for one non-Nedbank debit order.
- ZERO data usage when banking with the Nedbank Money app™.
- ZERO annual fees on your cheque card.
- ZERO fees for balance enquiries and inter-account transfers on the Money app and all other self-service platforms.
- Online purchases with your card.
- Free access to the www.unlocked.me experience and major discounts on the site.
Pay-as-you-use fees will apply on other transactions – see the pricing guide.
‘Do I even qualify?’
- All youth, aged 16 to 26 years old.
- Non-residents are welcome to apply and are charged an additional fee per month.
Not available to trusts, companies or legal entities.
‘Can this get any cooler?’
Obvs! Unlock great lifestyle benefits with your Unlocked.Me Student Account. Your benefits are guaranteed as long as you make five qualifying transactions on your account each month. Choose any two of these five benefits monthly:
- Data – 100 MB*
- Food – R30 voucher. Select any one of the below:
– Burger King
- Cafés – R20 coffee voucher. Select any one of the below:
– Vida e caffè
– Mugg & Bean
- Transport – R20 Taxify voucher
- Entertainment – two-for-one Nu Metro popcorn
* The 100 MB data is available only if you have a post-paid cellular contract with a South African mobile network operator (MTN, Vodacom, Cell C or Telkom) that allows recharging or top-ups of airtime and/or data.
‘Yes, please. What do I need to apply?’
- A valid South African identity document; or a passport with a valid study permit.
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution: confirmation on a letterhead of the tertiary institution at which you are registered, a valid student card or a letter of acceptance by the tertiary institution on an official letterhead.
It’s your life – go on, UNLOCK it. Unlock your lifestyle, your potential and your money. Apply here!