Are you ready for beauty hacks so fresh that you could find them in your fruit bowl and beauty tips so cool you could find them in your fridge?
As always, Unlocked.Me has your back! Here are four natural-beauty hacks that will keep you lookin' and feeling fly!
For thicker lashes and brows:
– Full eyebrows are back in style, and long, thick lashes have been coveted for generations.
– For a natural thickening solution, clean out an old mascara bottle and its wand. Fill half the bottle with vitamin E oil, a quarter with castor oil and a quarter with 100% pure aloe vera gel. Mix thoroughly and apply to your lashes and brows every night for a month.
Why it helps: Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid (an omega-9 fatty acid), which has anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation restricts blood flow to the skin and therefore stunts hair growth. Vitamin E and aloe are also healing for the skin, allowing uninhibited hair growth.
For sunburn overkill:
– Apple cider vinegar: What can't ACV do? For this one mix together equal parts of ACV and filtered water. Apply to the affected area using a cotton swab or ball.
Why it helps: ACV is a natural anti-inflammatory that will reduce the inflammation caused by the burn and also contains nutrients to help speed up the skin's natural healing process.
– Aloe vera ice cubes: Aloe vera is well known for its incredible scar and burn-healing properties. For this remedy blend the gel from two aloe vera leaves with half a cup of filtered water in your blender. Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and allow to freeze. Keep these on hand and, if you or a family member gets a sunburn, apply the ice cube to the affected area.
Why it helps: The ice cube will relieve the pain and the aloe will help the skin heal faster.
For a whiter smile:
– Flash those pearly whites with confidence after using this simple turmeric coconut oil toothpaste. Mix a quarter cup of extra-virgin coconut oil with two tablespoons of organic turmeric powder, pour into a small mason jar and allow to harden.
Why it helps: This anti-inflammatory, stain-removing turmeric toothpaste is natural, unlike synthetic, store-bought fluoride toothpastes.
Just remember that Unlocked.Me blogs are for informational purposes only and are no substitute for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice. Please consult your own preferred medical practitioner for all professional medical advice.