Well, fam, it's that time of year. Some of our favourite artists are finally making their way to SA, and we couldn’t be more amped! But concerts can be intimidating and hella stressful, especially if it's your first one (or if you’ve had a bad experience before). Here are some tips and tricks that we’ve rounded up through our experiences to help you survive the live music vibe!
- Don’t you dare put on those heels! Comfort is key! We can promise you that the last thing you will remember about the concert is what you wore.
- Bring a bud because screaming out of tune at the top of your lungs is more fun with someone you love. (Also, it’s easier to kick a robber with four legs.)
- Make friends! You’re in a space with people who share a common love (or obsession) with one artist! It’s the perfect place to find your tribe!
- Recharge on the go! When your phone dies it feels like your soul dies with it. Let's face it: it's 2019 – our lives are in these things. Don't let yourself end up phoneless halfway through a show!
- Hydrate! You do not want to be remembered as the dope who fainted at that concert that one time.
- Don't watch through your screen! No matter how many amazing photos or videos you capture, it will never beat the real deal. You can't relive a moment you never actually experienced. Our main tip is to capture only short clips and a pic here and there. Just don't go overboard!
- Enjoy the experience!