Valentine's Day is right around the corner, so you know what that means, fam … red roses, creepy mugs, stuffed animals that stare into your soul, chocolate that tastes like it was mined from the heart of Africa 60 years ago, and texts from that guy you waved to in an elevator when you were 10. Lucky for us, the universe has tried to keep things interesting and added a pandemic into the mix.
But, fear not, loving fam … we still have the coolest tips and tricks to help you make your loved ones feel special, even if it means never leaving your home or staying two metres apart.
For some socially distant love:
1. Write your boo a heartfelt love letter and have it delivered to them.
2. Create a cringy but hella cute scrapbook for your boo to look through.
3. Bake some heart-shaped treats for your honey so that they know how much you love them.
4. Have a virtual date by getting the same meal delivered to your homes at the same time while you video call and stream a romantic movie together.
5. If you love Insta-life, create a video or photo montage with all your fave moments.
If you are safe and comfortable being around each other or you live together:
6. Learn the art of massage and give your partner some well-deserved relaxation, with rona you defs know that they need it.
7. Get some paint and canvases and arty together while you chat about all the things you love about each other.
8. Find a recipe of a meal you both love and cook it together. This is an amazing way to bond and de-stress.
9. Get in touch with nature and explore your beautiful city by taking a romantic hike together while you chat about your hopes, dreams and how much you hate the quality of certain stores' sanitiser.
10. Indulge in some at-home self-care together. Put on your favourite face masks and self-care products while you enjoy a movie together. That’s some good chicken soup for the soul if you ask me.